If you are struggling to think of ideas or just need inspiration to get you started, we have compiled a list of submission examples for each grant.
GRANT 1 – Submissions between $1- $199
- Snack Box for every student in the class to encourage healthy, rubbish free snacking.
- A fruit or veggie platter delivered to your class as an incentive for Nude Food Day participation and to assist with learning about the importance of nutrition.
- Compost bin for your class to teach about sustainability and further awareness on how we can reduce waste.
- Provide support to create an ‘Enviro Club’ at your school and assist us with incentives for club members and prizes that can be awarded to the school community.
GRANT 2 – Submissions between $200- $999
- A garden shed with a set of tools for students to learn and work on a variety of ‘green projects’ they initiate.
- Provide the resources and assist in planning a parent information night. This will be to inform parents of your school’s environmental/nutritional goals and present nutritious and rubbish free lunchbox options that will save them money.
- Restore native bushland in your school that may have been destroyed by the addition of new buildings. Students will be responsible for the research, design and continued maintenance of a new garden that will teach them about native plants and wildlife.
- A dietician to come and speak to the wider school community on the importance of nutrition and ideas for healthy lunchboxes. After the assembly teachers to be assisted with nutritional learning activity and 10 fruit and veggie boxes for the kids to learn about and have the opportunity to try.
GRANT 3 – Submissions between $1000+
- 200 Rubbish Free Lunchboxes to create a healthier canteen that serves healthy, rubbish free meals.
- Create a school veggie garden that can be utilized for ‘nude food’ snacks, celebration foods/meals and excess produce can be sold back to the school community as a fundraising initiative for the school.
- School Chicken Coup to provide kids the opportunity to learn how to care for chickens/ animals, responsibility for collecting eggs and promote waste minimalisation and environmental sustainability.
- Replant 100 trees in the local community park that was destroyed by bushfire damage.